Invercargill engineering manager automation & controls
Apply online for our clients Invercargill engineering manager automation & controls job New Zealand. Refocus Recruitment, the recruitment specialists.
Our client is a leading designer and installer of top-end automation, power engineering and control systems as utilised throughout the primary industrial sectors of New Zealand. Due to their growing reputation and work portfolio a requirement now exists for an Engineering Manager to lead their Automation and Controls team. In this role you will be responsible for the day to day operation of this business unit with total responsibility for its performance and profitability.
Job Ref: 1000
Date: Nov 25, 2019
Date: Nov 25, 2019
In the role you will be responsible for the:
• Supervision and development of 15 direct reports
• Project delivery and financial management of the business unit
- Internal team leadership and management of client relationships
- Ongoing training and development of staff
- Ensuring the business remains at the forefront of technology by promoting R & D and new products as required
- Ensuring Health and Safety protocols and initiatives are adhered to
- Ongoing business unit development
To be considered for this role you will have a background in the industrial electrical automation sectors and will able to demonstrate experience and skills in the following:
- The management of an engineering team/business unit
- A deep understanding of design engineering requirements including QA processes, document control and FAT processes and documentation
- An ability to plan, lead, organise and control the operations of the Automation and Controls team
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organisations, both internal and external
- A proven background in the delivery of projects on time and within budget whilst meeting or exceeding client expectations
Along with the aforementioned you will be highly organised, have strong motivational abilities and possess an eye for attention to detail. You will hold a relevant electrical qualification (Diploma, NZCE or BE) and will always be able to represent our client in a professional manner when interfacing with internal staff, clients and suppliers.
So if you are seeking a new challenge in your professional career that offers a very attractive salary package, a work life style balance in a beautiful affordable New Zealand location while offering you the opportunity to enhance your career please forward your CV in the strictest confidence to Gary McKinney at [email protected] or if you wish to talk initially call Gary on 09 448 5151