Invercargill electrical engineering manager
Apply online - Invercargill electrical engineering manager job New Zealand. Refocus Recruitment helps you progress through change.
We require an Electrical Engineering Manager to lead an Automation and Controls team for our client a leading designer and installer of top-end automation, power engineering and control systems as utilised throughout the primary industrial sectors of New Zealand. In this role you will be responsible for the day to day operation of this business unit with total responsibility for its performance and profitability.
Job Ref: 1001
Date: Jan 14, 2020
Date: Jan 14, 2020
Based in Invercargill and operating throughout locations such as Christchurch, Dunedin, Nelson and various other South Island based towns and cities you will you be responsible for the supervision and development of 15 direct reports with responsibility for the following:
- Project delivery and financial management of the business unit
- Internal team leadership and management of client relationships
- Ongoing training and development of staff
- Ensuring Health and Safety protocols and initiatives are adhered to
- Ongoing business unit development
Ideally you will have a background in the industrial electrical automation sectors and skills and experience in the following:
- The management of an engineering team/business unit
- A deep understanding of design engineering requirements including QA processes, document control and FAT processes and documentation
- An ability to plan, lead, organise and control the operations of the Automation and Controls team
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organisations, both internal and external
- A proven background in the delivery of projects on time and within budget whilst meeting or exceeding client expectations
Along with the above you will be highly organised, have strong motivational abilities and possess an eye for attention to detail. You will hold a relevant electrical qualification (Diploma, NZCE or BE) and will always be able to represent our client in a professional manner when interfacing with internal staff, clients and suppliers.
This role offers a very attractive salary, a company vehicle, a work, lifestyle balance in a beautiful affordable New Zealand location. So if you are seeking a new challenge in a company that offers all of the above along with a friendly, welcoming team environment please apply by forwarding your CV in the strictest confidence to Gary McKinney at [email protected] or if you wish to talk initially call Gary on 09 448 5151.